Repair and Restore Your Natural Teeth with South Lincoln Restorative Dentistry Appointments
What Is Restorative Dentistry? Despite our best efforts, sometimes dental decay or injury can occur, causing permanent damage to, or even the loss of, our natural teeth. When these problems arise, restorative dentistry is the solution. Restorative dentistry involves the management and repair of oral health problems. Restorative dentistry procedures aim to restore the full form and function of your damaged or missing teeth. Restorative dentistry treatment can include: root canal therapy, dental fillings, dental veneers, dental crowns and bridges, full and partial dentures, or dental implants. While the ultimate goal is always to preserve your natural teeth for as long as possible, tooth extraction and replacement is sometimes necessary to promote and preserve overall dental health. Damaged teeth and tooth loss must be addressed. Ignoring these issues will only increase the stress and pressure on your remaining natural teeth, creating an oral health crisis. Don’t let your oral health concerns go untreated any longer; make an appointment with the gentle and experienced restorative professionals of Williamsburg Dental today.
Do you have damaged or injured teeth? We Offer Painless Tooth Repair.
- Dental Fillings : Dental fillings to repair cavities are the most common type of dental restoration. Teeth can be filled with amalgam or tooth-colored composite resin fillings.
- Dental Crowns : Dental crowns are actually just tooth-shaped caps that can be placed over a damaged tooth to restore its natural shape, size, strength, and functioning. Dental crowns can also be used to replace missing teeth with a dental bridge or cover a dental implant.
- Root Canals : Root canal therapy is used to repair and save severely decayed or infected teeth. Root canal therapy gently removes the infected nerve and inner tooth pulp. The tooth is then cleansed and sealed to protect against future decay. Without this therapy, the tissues beneath and surrounding the tooth will become infected and eventually cause tooth loss.
High Quality, Long Lasting South Lincoln Tooth Replacement
While restorative dentistry aims to preserve your natural teeth, removal and replacement may sometimes be the healthiest option. If you do need tooth replacement, Williamsburg Dental offers several different options, including:
- Dental Bridges: Bridges are attached to dental crowns to "bridge the gap” between one or more missing teeth. Dental bridges are anchored on each side by dental crowns, and then cemented permanently in place.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the only tooth replacement method that actually replaces both the missing tooth and its roots. Implants are made of small titanium posts that are placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth. The implant is covered with a dental crown, and allowed time to heal and permanently fuse with the jaw bone. Dental implants prevent further bone loss and preserve youthful facial structures.
- Full and Partial Dentures: Dentures are the only removable replacement option for missing teeth. Complete dentures replace all upper or lower teeth. Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. They are usually retained with metal clasps attached to natural teeth. Both full and partial dentures can be retained using dental implants.
Make Your South Lincoln Restorative Dentistry Appointment Today
It’s never too late to repair or restore your damaged or missing teeth. Make your restorative dentistry appointment with the highly skilled restorative dentistry experts of Williamsburg Dental today.Williamsburg Dental restores smiles daily throughout South Lincoln, NE, Hickman, Crete, and the surrounding cities.