Delta Dental Insurance
Are you and your family insured under Delta Dental? If so, you are part of one of the largest dental insurance providers in the United States. Our patients with Delta Dental coverage have significant help paying for preventive and restorative treatments. And when dental care is more affordable, oral health improves. Are you wondering how dental insurance works? Or how you can make the most out of your investment? We’re here to help.
What You Need to Know About Dental Insurance
Your dental insurance was designed to make receiving regular dental care more affordable. Preventive dentistry, like your checkup and cleaning every six months, is usually fully covered. Restorative treatments, like fillings, root canals, and fixed bridges, are heavily discounted. Orthodontics and certain cosmetic treatments may be partially covered, too.
The specifics of your coverage will vary based on how much you pay as a premium. Typically, a higher premium equals more complete coverage.
Understanding any type of insurance plan can seem daunting, but your dental coverage works a lot like medical insurance. We have listed some terms that will help you navigate your Delta Dental plan below.
- Premium: The amount you pay, usually a monthly fee, in exchange for dental coverage.
- Deductible: The amount you must pay out of pocket before your dental insurance will kick in. Not every plan has a deductible. Sometimes your preventive care will fall outside of your deductible.
- Annual maximum: The amount of money beyond which your dental insurance will not pay for dental services. Because dental plans are on a calendar year, this amount renews on January 1 each year.
- In-network: A dentist who has come to an agreement with the dental insurance company to provide care at a reduced rate. Crete Family Dental is in-network with Delta Dental.
- Claims: Paperwork that needs to be completed after receiving dental care. Crete Family Dental processes and files all claims.
Preventive Care = Fully Covered
It is much easier to prevent dental problems like cavities, infection, and faulty dental work than it is to repair them after they form. That’s why most dental insurance plans completely cover preventive dental services, like your six month checkup and cleaning as well as a set of x-rays every year.
In addition to attending these twice-annual visits at Crete Family Dental, make sure you are doing your part to prevent cavities and gum disease at home. Brush your teeth for two minutes, twice a day, and floss daily to keep your smile healthy for years to come. Notify your dentist immediately if you experience an ache, bleeding, or a loose or uncomfortable piece of dental work.
Contact Crete Family Dental Today!
Do you have questions about your dental insurance? Our staff knows the ins and outs of how Delta Dental. Contact us to discuss your coverage or to schedule an appointment today!